If I had my cafe, there’s no doubt this toast would be the menu’s star. It’s loaded with protein, healthy fats, essential nutrients and antioxidants to satisfy your cravings and keep you full.
For my toast, I choose freshly baked sourdough or gluten-free bread, depending on what’s available. For the textures to combine nicely, ensure your avocado is ripe, and the tofu has been drained.
I buy edamame beans frozen, so it’s easy to prepare. I air-fried them to make them crispy yet soft, but you could also boil them.
Sourdough, avocado, tofu, nutritional yeast, edamame and tahini are high in protein, making this toast an excellent meal for someone trying to build muscle or control their sugar levels.
Also, high- protein foods supply amino acids required for collagen production, and with this combination of ingredients, you’ll get a plentiful supply.
In addition, all these ingredients and other spices used in the recipe are full of healthful phytonutrients to nourish your body from head to toe! This recipe is a must-try!
I return to this recipe whenever I don’t feel like cooking anything complex but still want a balanced meal. It makes a perfect breakfast or lunch giving you that fancy restaurant toast vibe
High Protein Green Goddess Toast
For the toast:
- 2 slices sourdough
- 1 avocado ripe
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1 block tofu firm organic
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 100 g edamame frozen
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 bunch sprouts
- Place tofu in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out the water. Next, place tofu in a bowl and crush it with a fork to create a scrambled egg consistency.
- Add olive oil to a hot pan followed by red bell pepper. Season it with turmeric, paprika, salt, pepper and nutritional yeast. Add a tiny amount of plant-based milk if the consistency is too dry.
- Turn off the stove once you get scrambled egg-like consistency and put tofu aside.
- Mash the avocado in a bowl with the fork. Add garlic powder, paprika and salt.
- Place defrosted edamame in the air-fryer, fry until soft.
- Prepare the tahini dressing by mixing tahini paste with some soy sauce and clean water.
- Toast the bread slices.
- Place the toasted bread slices on a plate. Scoop the avocado mixture onto toasted bread. Next, place washed and dried lettuces. Then layer with some scrambled tofu with edamame on top. Garnish with tahini sauce and crunchy sprouts. Enjoy!