I don’t know about you, but I like to start my day on a sweet note. It helps me get in the right mood, boosts energy, and maintains my sweet cravings during the rest of the day.
In this smoothie, I combined all my favourite beauty foods that taste amazing and are full of antioxidants and essential vitamins, vital for our skin health and immune system. This smoothie is a perfect chocolate treat that you can have guilt-free. It’s filling, tasty and healthy!
The show’s star is raw cacao powder that brings most of the flavour. To boost our smoothie’s nutritional content, I added fresh aloe vera, spinach, and frozen berries, which are high in anti-ageing antioxidants and collagen-boosting nutrients. I added banana and ground seeds to create a creamy texture, a great source of Omega and prebiotic fibre.
If you rely only on a smoothie for breakfast, I recommend adding your favourite protein powder to keep you full longer
My Signature Chocolate Beauty Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 cup berries frozen
- 1/4 cup aloe vera gel filleted
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds ground
- 1 tbsp flaxseed ground
- 2 tbsp cacao
- 1 cup water
- Prep the aloe vera by removing the hard, spine edges on either side of the leaf. Carefully slice away the aloe vera leaf’s skin to get the thick, clear gel at the centre. Cut the gel into smaller pieces than rinse with water. Make sure to wash off all the latex residues (yellow sticky liquid), then add clean aloe vera gel into your smoothie blender.
- Wash spinach then add to the blender.
- Ground your seeds either in the coffee grounder or food processor. Then add to the blender. It’s best to use fresh ground seeds to maximise nutritional absorption of the sources. It also gives a smoothie nice creamy texture.
- Add peeled banana, frozen berries, raw cacao and water.
- Blend until smooth. Serve immediately!