Suppose you are a fan of an apple pie with vanilla ice cream. In that case, I’m going to put you on this dairy and gluten-free dessert that taste just like the popular combo, but minus all the inflammatory ingredients!
Pre-made dairy ice cream would be high in fat and added sugars, negatively affecting blood sugar levels, leading to skin inflammation and breakouts. Dairy and gluten may also affect digestion in many people, so having a healthier option of a favourite dessert can be life-changing! Well, it is for me!
The main ingredients of this delicious dish are the most common fruits that you can find anywhere – apples and bananas! However, I recommend using green apples, as they turn out better when cooked. For the nice cream, you will need to freeze your bananas the night before. You should probably get in the habit of freezing some bananas because you’ll enjoy this recipe so much, you’d want to be able to make a bowl of nice cream whenever you feel like it!
5 green apples
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp date sugar
1/2 tsp of salt
Vanilla Nice Cream:
5 frozen bananas
1 tsp of vanilla essence
2 tbsp of peanut butter (or tahini)
1/4 tsp of salt (optional)
3 tbsp of plant-based milk
- Peel and dice apples.
- Move diced apples to a bowl. Add cinnamon, salt and date sugar. Mix well and marinate for 10-15 mins.
- Move marinated apples to a small pot. Add a little bit of water and stew on low heat until apples are soft enough for you.
- To a blender or food processor, add frozen bananas, peanut butter, vanilla essence and plant-based milk. Avoid adding too much milk at once to prevent nice cream from going too runny.
- Blend on high speed until you get ice cream-like consistency.
- Serve immediately paired with warm cinnamon apples.