Suppose you are a fan of an apple pie with vanilla ice cream. In that case, I’m going to put you on this dairy and gluten-free dessert that tastes just like the popular combo, minus all the inflammatory ingredients!
Pre-made dairy ice cream would be high in saturated fat and added sugars, negatively affecting blood sugar levels and leading to skin inflammation and breakouts. Dairy and gluten may also affect digestion in many people, so having a healthier option for a favourite dessert can be life-changing! Well, it is for me!
Also, considering that more than half of the human population has a reduced ability to digest lactose, which means that allergies and sensitivity to milk are common, this recipe could be handy for everyone!
The main ingredients of this delicious dish are the most common fruits you can find anywhere – apples and bananas! However, I recommend using green apples, which turn out better when cooked.
For the nice cream, you will need to freeze your bananas the night before. You should probably get into the habit of freezing some bananas because you’ll enjoy this recipe so much that you’d want to make a bowl of nice cream whenever you feel like it!
Diced Cinnamon Apples With Dairy-Free Vanilla Nice Cream
- 5 apples green
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp date sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
Vanilla nice cream:
- 5 bananas frozen
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp salt optional
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- Peel and dice apples.
- Move diced apples to a bowl. Add cinnamon, salt and date sugar. Mix well and marinate for 10-15 mins.
- Move marinated apples to a small pot. Add a little bit of water and stew on low heat until apples are soft enough for you.
- To a blender or food processor, add frozen bananas, peanut butter, vanilla essence and coconut or any plant-based milk. Avoid adding too much milk at once to prevent nice cream from going too runny.
- Blend on high speed until you get ice cream-like consistency.
- Serve immediately paired with warm cinnamon apples.